We are hiring!
Social Media Editor at Magnlens
Open positions: Los Angeles
Employment type: Full-time
Benefits: Full benefits including vacation pay, health insurance and 401k
Magnlens is a global yet independent activewear brand that makes apparel for active bodies and minds. Magnlens unites environmentally-conscious fabrics with culture conscious design to reinvent the athleisurewear category with a mission rooted in style, performance and sustainability for all.
Learn more about the brand at magnlens.com and @magnlens_us.
We are looking for an engaging social media editor to grow and maintain our social media channels. In this role, you will be in charge of the content, track user engagement, and ensure consistency in the brand's digital tone and image.
To ensure success as a social media editor, you should be a born content creator able to generate fresh social ideas and have a passion for content, activewear, a keen eye for detail and proven experience with social media. You should be able to effectively interpret analytics and implement content strategies that result in increased engagement.
After the initial training period, the job description will include (but is not limited to):
- Meeting with the marketing team to brainstorm and define the social media strategy and requirements.
- Developing and maintaining a consistent brand tone, image, and style.
- Designing social media marketing strategies.
- Working with designers, copywriters, content creators, and influencers to create engaging content.
- Identify content opportunities.
- Organize files in the company’s cloud server.
- Reviewing, proofreading, and editing work before posting.
- Determining the optimal times to post and managing the scheduling tools.
- Coordinating teams to ensure the timeous delivery of content.
- Reviewing and interpreting social analytics to measure and guide the effectiveness of marketing strategies.
- Generating analytic reports and social media feedback for presentation and review.
- Keeping abreast of industry and consumer trends, advancements in technology, and new social media platforms and tools.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in design, advertising, marketing, or communications preferred.
- A minimum of three years of experience as a social media editor or similar.
- Good knowledge of social scheduling and analytics tools such as Later and Google Analytics.
- Familiarity with all major social media platforms including Instagram, TikTok and YouTube.
- Design knowledge and proficiency in tools such as Photoshop and Canva.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly engaging, versatile, and adaptable.
- The ability to keep up with industry trends and new social network trends.
To apply, please submit a 1-Page cover letter, 1-Page resume, and a link to your personal social media profiles to email@example.com with “Social Media Editor” in the subject line.
Please no phone calls or faxes.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Magnlens is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
In addition to complying with all applicable laws, Magnlens also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensure that all current and future Magnlens associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential.
To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, Magnlens prohibits any Magnlens employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant’s current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to Magnlens.